Updated On - Friday, 27 March 2020
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)

Degree | Full Time | Duration: 3 Years
Admission Process 2022
Updated On - Thursday, 27 February 2020

Kharagpur College (KC)

College offers following programs

B.A. (Hons) English, Hindi, History, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Sanskrit

B.Sc. (Hons) Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, geography, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology

B.Com (Hons)


M.A. Bengali, Englishand History


Selection Process

Admission to the UG program is made strictly in order of merit, and all admissions are provisional.

Selection to the PG program will be made strictly on the basis of merit of Entrance Test conducted by Kharagpur College.

In the case of equal marks obtained in Entrance Test, total marks / percentage of marks of Honours is to be taken into account for ranking.


Bachelor's Admission Process


A new student must fill up University Registration form within due date and pay registration fee.

No candidate will be allowed to sit for the Final Examination of Vidyasagar University if he/ she fails to obtain Registration Certificate.



PG  Admission Process

The candidates will fill in the Application Form only through online portal.

Apply online

Pay application form fee Rs. 250/- through online.

Mode of payment should be credit/debit card, net banking, etc


Note: As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University and the rest 40% seats are open to all.

The 60% of total seats in each subject, reserved for candidates who have passed undergraduate Honours examinations from VU & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University, will be filled up from the merit list of Entrance Test on condition that the candidates obtain Hons marks or equivalent in the major subject.

Quota for SC/ ST will be considered as per Govt.

Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats of V.U. students and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.

 5% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.

Merit list will be prepared on the percentage of PwD. In case of non-availability of PwD candidate, the seat reserved for PwD of the particular category will be converted to that Category only. 

Prize holders at International/National/State representation in the last two years will be considered for Sports Quota provided that he/she has participated in the Inter College Competition/ Inter College Athletic Meet organized by our university in his/her tenure in UG level.

The sports events are Football, Volleyball, Athletic, Yoga, Khoko, Kabadi, Chess, Table Tennis. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.


Open Category

40% Seats in each subject are Open to all (students of V.U & autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other universities), which will be selected from the merit list of Entrance Test.

Online provisional admission will be done through the Kharagpur College admission portal.


The following documents have to be brought by the Provisionally Admitted candidates during final verification and admission:

1. Print out of the online filled in application form to be submitted at the time of verification.

2. Self attested photo copies of all the Marksheets of Examinations passed (10th onwards), University Registration Certificate and a Passport Size coloured photograph affixed in the box provided in the Form.

3. Self-attested photo-copy of the Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S. or equivalent /Madhyamik as evidence of the date of birth. 

 4. Self-attested photo-copy of SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/Persons with Disability (PwD) certificate issued by the appropriate authority, for those applying under respective quota. 

5. Self-attested photo-copies of the Certificate of Games & Sports/ Cultural Competition (International/ National/ State in the last two years), for those applying under respective quota. 

 6. Migration Certificate (for other university candidates only) must be submitted within two  months from the date of admission.

Back to top
Get Kharagpur College (KC)
Admission Form 2022